Y'all know how feathers got crazy hyped this summer?
Well, I was one of the biggest supporters.
Feather earrings, feathers on hair, feathers on clothing, feathers freakin' everywhere.
I used to have five different feather extensions all over my head! They've since fallen out and I've been too lazy to put them back in, but they still have a place in my heart. Take a big bag of feathers, unfabulously bare nails, and a little homework-procrastination, and you have
Kinda cute, right?
I actually really love this look - it's chic enough to be noticeable and noteworthy, but tame enough for anyone to pull off!
All you need is:
- nude/neutral base coat
- top coat
- a pair of scissors (I used a tiny eyebrow one!)
- PAINT a base coat and two coats of a nude polish on all your nails.
- LET DRY, and pick out some feathers with interesting designs.
- Try to pick feathers that aren't so separated - you want full coverage!
- Only use the end of the feather, where there isn't really a middle stem. (It'll be too bumpy and just complicate things)
- I say avoid the cool iridescent ones. They don't come out how you'd expect them to. They lose that awesome shimmer.
|Ignore the awkward shadow. And awkward hand position. It's really hard to take pictures of yourself!|
So what do you think? Would you try this look?
If you do, comment below or tweet me a pic!